Material selection can be the hardest and one of the most important parts of the counter top buying process. Choosing a color from a sample can differ at the moment of purchasing the full slab. Color variation is expected and an exact match to samples cannot be guaranteed. Denver Counter tops will highly recommend that you visit some of the Stone distributors to go over some of the amazing materials and colors they have in hand such as; Quartz, Granite, Quartzite, Marble, etc. This will help you learn more about the material you are about to purchase.
TYPES OF SLAB MATERIALS
- Natural or Quarried: This material is cut from the mountain and polished. Granite, Marble, Travertine, Soapstone, Serpentine, Slate, Sandstone and Quartzite
- Man Made: Processed in a factory using different methods.
- Polished – most common type of finish, it is easy to clean and maintain
- Honed – matte finish, recommended for marble and does not reflect the light as well
- Leathered- textured, unique finish
GENERAL COLOR AND DESIGN TIPS
- Contrast the color with the cabinet is better than trying to match colors.
- Natural light is important is important to consider.
- Having a different color island it is not uncommon.
- Having paint, flooring and cabinet samples will help with your decision making.
- Your sales consultant will be able to advise you in these decisions.